Monday, June 4, 2012

Meal Planning Monday: Week 2

Well that whole thing went swimmingly for me last week, so I think we'll do this again!

I can't really get posts out in a timely fashion but I did get Ian to take pictures of many of the foodstuffs that emerged from the kitchen last week; not that I want to do a daily post about them but I like to share delicious food always. However, objective 'eat out less' was achieved, as was, for the most part, objective 'eat all the food that gets purchased.'The notable exceptions were that I never ended up feeling like eating kale salad, but thankfully kale holds over pretty well; and the macaroni and cheese recipe made WAY TOO MUCH. I might cut it in half next time. We still have about half a casserole left of it, but it's late enough now that I'm going to have to chuck it.

This week's meals

Stuffed portobellos, mashed potatoes, mushroom gravy, steamed carrots
Ricotta gnocchi & caesar salad
Lemon roast potatoes on the BBQ, grilled zucchini, leftover 'slaw
Roasted mushroom & white bean soup, green salad, garlic bread
White bean & kalamata salad, roasted cauliflower, green beans
Penne with roasted asparagus & balsamic glaze, kale salad

No comments:

Post a Comment