Monday, October 29, 2012

Apple Cider Donuts

I have been wanting to make apple cider donuts for ages and bought the cider a couple of weeks ago for this purpose. I didn't have a recipe in mind so when I finally decided to get down to it this morning, it took me a couple minutes to decide whether I wanted to veganize a recipe I found or just find a vegan recipe. Fortunately, Vegetarian Times has a recipe they published back in 2009, no extra work required.

I used a flax egg instead of that egg replacer stuff, because I don't do the egg replacer stuff, and once again, like the last several times I've made donuts, the recipe makes WAY MORE than it says. It's really weird. I feel like the mini donut pans these people use must be about twice the size of the mini donut pan I use, because I got 48 mini donuts and the recipe said it makes 18. I don't get it.



















Numbers aside, these are pretty yummy. I added 1/4 tsp more cinnamon because the person I was bringing these two likes cinnamon things, and coated them in cinnamon sugar rather than superfine sugar. I let Dash have one pretty much right out of the pan (they're tiny, they cool quickly) and not letting him have another inspired a lovely 10 minute tantrum which ended with hm putting himself to bed, so yeah, they're good.


















Apple Cider Donuts

* remember, if you don't have Ener-G, use a flax egg instead of the 'egg replacer + water' combo suggested
* cinnamon sugar = 1/2 c sugar and 1 tbsp cinnamon. Dip donuts in melted earth balance first, then coat in
   sugar




No comments:

Post a Comment