Saturday, November 13, 2010

Vegan MoFo - Day 13

Yesterday saw me taking care of an extreme screamapillar baby, so no new foods were made, though a couple of the maple cupcakes were enjoyed, and a few given to the fine people at the store I used to manage before I was a screamapillar care-taker.
Today (because daddy was home and could care-take!) I made Pumpkin Pancakes and Cranberry Ginger Sauce from Vegan Brunch. Both were delicious, as I have come to expect from this book. I screwed up the pancakes a little because I forgot to add the half cup of water with the wet ingredients and mixed it in after I realized that it was too dry. This made them a bit wetter than they probably should have been, but they were yummy anyway.
The sauce was really easy and would have been just as at home on your t(of)urkey as on the pancakes, as it wasn't overly sweet and if you did happen to find it too sweet you could just reduce the amount of maple syrup added.
Pumpkin Pancakes with Cranberry Ginger Sauce

No comments:

Post a Comment