Sunday, November 7, 2010

Vegan Mofo - Day 7

So I missed another day and we ate at the Fat Duck (kindly on Roy's tab!) for lunch and then ordered thai for dinner because I was feeling under the weather and not much like cooking. I made Banana Flapjacks from Vegan Brunch for breakfast, but as my Vegan MoFo is all about the making of foods that I haven't made before, and I seem to make these flapjacks at the very least on a monthly basis, I didn't take pictures or post about it.
Today was a busy day of making food. I made a couple of things for lunches this week, which I will post about when we eat them (suffice to say they are SO EXCITING). For Day 7 I made Veganomicon's Udon with Shiitakes and Kale in Miso Broth. As a side note, then I tweeted about how great it was to cookbook author Isa and she tweeted back! Delightful!
I added twice as much ginger as it called for and didn't even remotely measure the kale, but the end result was great. If you're feeling a bit under the weather, make this soup. If you're chilled to the bone (like after a winter training run I'm imagining), make this soup. If you just want a delicious hearty meal, make it! It's really quick for a weeknight, too, which is great. No complicated ingredients either which is always a plus.
Udon with Shiitakes and Kale in Miso Broth

No comments:

Post a Comment