Friday, November 19, 2010

Vegan MoFo - Day 14

The weekend of breakfast foods! Today I made scrambled tofu and roast potatoes. Obviously nothing is particularly vegan about roast potatoes - unless you like to roast your potatoes in lard, then I guess tossing them with olive oil might seem pretty radical.
I was skeptical about scrambled tofu - I mean, how exciting and tasty can simply scrambled tofu be when I'm used to marinating and grilling my tofu in pretty strong flavours? Well my skepticism was unfounded, and I don't know how I could ever have doubted Isa's amazingness (recipe from Vegan Brunch btw). They're even yellow because of the turmeric, a dream come true for any omni! I added green onions and mushrooms to this because I love mushrooms and green onions, which worked out well. It was a great breakfast that I hope to repeat many times.
Scrambled Tofu and Roast Potatoes

No comments:

Post a Comment